Before I begin this post, I would just like to apologize for my sudden and abrupt break from this blog. Like everyone I have my own career and plans and things going on in my life. Between the sudden upswing in my music career and my artistic life I had to take a step back recently. Coupled with the moments of distress I had while working in SL it all piled up on me. The quiet backlash from the very people I was trying to help. The secret bullying, was the straw that broke the camel's back so to speak for me and as a result I needed some time away.

I have taken some time away from SL to refocus and work on my projects. Now that it is more in balance I just wanted to say that I will continue to film and report and do this blog, but now, only when I feel inspired or touched by something. I will keep the blog a regular thing although not a bi-daily thing. It was exhausting me and I wanted to put my heart more into my own projects and not everyone else's for a while. That being said...

I hopped back into SL a week or so ago on the regular again and spent some time catching up with friends and Burning Lifer's. One of these installations that I jumped over to was the ever colorful work of Mikati Slade. Mikati is one of those people that once you see her work you never forget it. Child-like and full of playfulness. Her builds capture the spirit of digital creation. In her own words about her recent work at Burning Life she shares: "Burn2 is one of the few opportunities for me to be able to exhibit my artwork. I find that the energy and mood of the community during Burns to be very exciting. As a result of this, I attempted to do my best with that. This artwork shows the moment of a rite of passage. For me, it is about the feeling of fear and hope mixed together during the same moment. It is about positive motivation and my hope is for people to have enjoyed this work."

Below I have added a short video clip I made during the visit I paid her.
I hope you enjoy as much as I enjoyed my visit!



7 Responses so far.

  1. Unknown says:

    That's quite a re-entry into SL :-).

  2. Brandy says:

    Very cool video and exhibit.

  3. Thank you for featuring my building on your blog! I was really enjoying chatting with you at there^^ I am a big fan of Colemarie, so I really excite with this great article and great video. Thank you very much!

  4. great! thanks for sharing

  5. Emily says:

    En se décidant pour un wow po de différentes façons de gagner cet or. Dans Runescape, en faisant de l'or en utilisant le woodcutting semble comme une assez bonne méthode. Les types de morceaux au négociant diffèrent radicalement sur comment un revenu de sort entier complet vous pouvez avoir obtenu et leurs dernières tendances. produit et investissent toute votre richesse sur cela est tout à fait mauvaise. Mais sans doute l'un produit immédiat commence à développer de l'argent, un participant wow gold cheap informera ses bons amis et gars supplémentaires et supplémentaires et les dames commencent à vouloir l'exploiter. Ce sera une règle essentielle! Vous devez d'habitude utiliser Runescape la baguette pêchante entre eux avec l'appât régulier. Anchois retirants, que vous pouvez pêcher entre eux avec votre filet simallish de nouveau. En attrapant des Anchois, vous atteindrez le niveau 15 plus vite. En faisant hou la de l'or dans ceux-ci le jeu comme la réalisation de l'argent dans le monde réel, wow gold euro il y a l'abondance de façons de le faire.

Leave a Reply